Example of a Seminar Invitation
The following are important aspects of anamed seminars:
- Our emphasis is on working at the grass-roots, encouraging and supporting local people in developing and extending the skills they already have.
- We encourage traditional healers and formal health workers such as doctors and nurses to work together. We help them to recognise the positive contribution that each makes, and we encourage them to work out practical ways in which they can cooperate.
- By introducing Artemisia annua, enabling healers, pastors, missionaries and health workers to become much more independent and successful in their treatment of malaria.
- After the seminar, participants will be able to treat Malaria effectively with medicinal plants, in particular with Artemisia annua. Each participant will be given seeds or rooted cuttings and be taught how to grow this delicate but extremely valuable plant. Furthermore, participants will be able to recognise at least 20 other medicinal plants, to produce different soaps, different medicinal oils and ointments, black stones for snake-bites and to use and construct a solar oven, etc.
- It is important that all participants have a commitment both to practising what they learn and also to teaching others, for example by conducting a seminar themselves or at least a similar workshop for a weekend on the topic of Natural Medicine.
- It must be made clear to all prospective participants that they receive no fees for their attendance.
- Transport costs must be met by the participants, their employer or sponsor.
- All participants will work together in practical work and in establishing a garden. They must bring suitable clothes with them for such activities.
- Participants must attend for the entire programme to qualify for a certificate; to come only on some days is not acceptable.
- Those participants who have a bible should bring it. Anamed is a Christian organisation. We start every morning with a biblical reflection, each participant is invited to attend.
- All participants should bring plant material of five medicinal plants from their region.