Zomba, Naming‘azi farm, Malawi
anamed International, Dr. Hans-Martin Hirt, Schafweide 77, 71364 Winnenden, Germany
Tel +49 7195 910225. Email: email@example.com and
ACTION FOR NATURAL MEDICINE MALAWI, P.O. Box 372, Ntcheu, Malawi
Web: www.malawi.anamed.org, Mob: +265 (0) 9963 41 976 firstname.lastname@example.org
A CORDIAL INVITATION to attend a
Training seminar in Natural Medicine 2018
anamed (Action for Natural Medicine, see www.anamed-edition.com ) in Germany invites development workers, missionaries, doctors, nurses, scientists etc. to attend our training seminar in Natural Medicine, as long as places are available.
The seminars will take place at Zomba, Naming‘azi farm, Malawi.
Date: Monday 22th October to Saturday 27th October 2018
Language: Only English with summaries in Chichewa
From 12th August to 18th August we have a seminar only in Chichewa! Please ask for more information!
By car: Coming from Lilongwe airport driving to Zomba direction on the M3, you pass though Liwonde. After crossing the bridge and following the road to Zomba you pass through Domasi. After Domasi you will find a sign on the right hand side giving you direction to Naming‘azi CCAP Farm. There you turn right on a dirt road. Follow this road you will find the trainings center.
Tutors: anamed Malawi Teachers Team
The anamed teacher team is looking forward to meet you soon! We are very busy in preparing, and here are some important matters that we want to communicate with you.
- Your arrival should be on Sunday afternoon (5p.m.) so that we can start on Monday morning after breakfast. Participants arriving later than Monday morning will not be able to get a certificate.
- The certificates will be given on Saturday. So if you leave earlier, you will not get any certificate. This is to ensure that you got all the important knowledge! You may leave afterwards.
- The fees cover the teaching, books, posters, materials needed, food and accommodation.
- Bed sheets, towels and mosquito nets are provided.
- Any translations during the course will be done by the participants themselves!
Fee for the seminar
The fee for people from African or expatriates living in Africa is 250 Euro, (or equivalent in USD or in Malawi Kwacha). For people traveling from Europe the price is 500 Euro. Please feel free to ask us for sponsorship if you are in need.
This is an all-inclusive price and includes food, accommodation, books, seeds, posters and all seminar materials. Transport costs and any insurance required remains the responsibility of the participant. If participants require more books and posters for their project, they are available for sale at a reduced price during the seminar.
Payment of the fee: The fee must be paid on arrival. No cheques can be accepted.
If you want to sponsor a participant, please pay the fee in advance to our account, please contact us.
The following are important aspects of our seminars:
- We emphasis on working at the grass-roots, encouraging and supporting local people in developing and extending the skills they already have.
- We encourage traditional healers and formal health workers such as doctors and nurses to work together. We help them to recognize the positive contribution that each makes and encourage them to work out practical ways in which they can cooperate.
- By introducing Artemisia annua we want to enable healers, pastors, missionaries and health workers to become much more independent and successful in their treatment of malaria.
- After the seminar, participants will be able to treat Malaria effectively with medicinal plants, in particular with Artemisia annua. Each participant will be given seeds and will be taught how to grow this delicate but extremely valuable plant. Furthermore, participants will be able to recognize at least 20 other medicinal plants, to produce different soaps, different medicinal oils and ointments, black stones for snake-bites and how to use and construct a solar oven, etc.
- It is important that all participants have a commitment both to practicing what they learn and to teaching others, for example by conducting a similar seminar in Natural Medicine themselves, at least for a weekend.
- It must be clear to all prospective participants that they receive no fees for their attendance.
- Transport costs must be covered by the participants, their employer or sponsor.
- All participants will work together in practical work and in establishing a garden. They must bring suitable clothes with them for such activities.
- Those participants who are Christians should bring their Bible. (Every day starts with a devotion, participation in that is voluntary)
- All participants should bring some plant material of five medicinal plants from their region.
For more information, please visit our web-site www.anamed-edition.com
We are looking forward to hear from you!
With best wishes, Yours sincerely,
The Anamed Teachers Team
Location: Ntcheu Boma, Ntcheu Post Box 372, Malawi